I hosted my own baby shower.
Yes, a few wonderful people in my life offered to do it, but I’m a control freak who likes to make things extra difficult. So I planned it myself, hosted it at my home, and thankfully got help the morning of from 3 amazing women, and my angel of a husband… otherwise I truly might not have made it.
It should be no surprise that I didn’t want to go with any of the adorable baby shower themes that are already out there – with precious decorations and accessories readily available to order. No, I had to go with a theme that I could find absolutely ZERO decorations, accessories, or inspiration for.
Therefore “a very cozy baby shower” was birthed. And I think it turned out pretty dang cute.
Also, as a side note – I do think it’s kind of hilarious and on-brand that THIS was our baby announcement back in June:
But back to the shower – The whole morning was such a sweet, wonderful, blur. My mom drove all the way from Washington to attend. Her, my mother in law, and my best friend all came over to assist me with food prep and set up the morning of, and they worked SO hard. All my lovely friends and family (that I could afford to invite – my house is small) showed up! We ate brunch, had fall mimosas (sparkling apple cider for me), opened gifts, and I had everyone fill out “advice and wishes for the parents to be” cards. It was perfect, and I’m so grateful for everyone’s love and generosity.
Below you’ll see the invites, pictures from the shower, the menus for food and drink, and some fun details about how I pulled it off. If you’re ever looking to host a cozy themed shower, at least this might provide you with a little bit of the inspiration I was never able to track down:
Click the photos to make them larger, and to scroll through the gallery!
On the food menu:
* Spinach & Artichoke, and Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
* Harvest egg bites
* Bacon skewers and turkey sausages
* Apple spice glazed donut holes
* Cinnamon rolls
* Homemade pumpkin muffins
* Apples, blackberries, pears and grapes with caramel
* Cracker and cheese board
On the drink menu (not pictured):
* Apple cider mimosas
* Cranberry pear mimosas
* Cinnamon sugar rims & apple, pear or cranberry garnish
* Sparkling apple cider
* Hot chai
Shower Specific Purchases:
* The balloons, “advice and wishes” cards, and “sweet baby boy” banner were from Amazon
* The BABY balloon was from Target
* The card drop box and “Let’s Get Cozy” banner were both made by my sweet mother in law
All the Cozy Little Details:
* Played a cozy playlist that I made on Amazon Music featuring artists like Hozier and The Lumineers
* Put the Netflix fireplace show on TV
* Lit many, many candles
* Made sure all my throw blankets, pillows and faux-fur rugs were out and styled
* Chose a neutral and earthy color scheme
* Kept it simple
I’m still kicking myself for forgetting to get a picture of the “Mom”-osa bar, but oh well! I did my best, tried not to stress too much, and I think it ended up being a really beautiful shower.
Is there anything you would’ve added to amp up the cozy level? Let me know in the comments.