Is doing a Gratitude Challenge in November cliché? Maybe.
Do we all desperately need 30 straight days of counting our blessings though? Abso-f*ckin-lutely.
This challenge may be a little, well, challenging. I get it. It’s been a really rough year.
Let’s validate your feelings by going through some of the BULL SHIT we’ve experienced so far in 2020:
1) We’ve been in a global pandemic for 8 months. E I G H T M O N T H S. With no end in sight. Regardless of how you feel about it, hundreds of thousands of people have died from it and that’s horrendous.
2) One of the most turbulent presidential elections of all time is about to go down. There’s a strong possibility that EITHER winner will lead to some form of civil unrest. (Did you vote??? GO. VOTE)
3) Many incredibly influential people have died: RBG, John Lewis, Chadwick Boseman, Bill Withers, Kobe and countless others.
4) Thousands of people are out of jobs, housing, and more.
5) This is getting grim, I’ll stop listing things now.
The point is, no matter how tough 2020 has been, there is SO MUCH we all have to be grateful for. (As long as Betty White holds out for another few months)
So with that, I’m issuing you a challenge.
I’m challenging you to write, (or post) an item of gratitude every day for the month of November.
I have provided some prompts to help prevent redundancy and creative blocks, and I will be posting each one of them on my Instagram stories every day from November 1st til’ November 30th.
See the calendar and a few IG templates below to know what you’re getting yourself into.
Whether you choose to write each item in a journal, or follow along on Instagram to screen shot my story each day, is completely up to you. I would encourage you to do both, and to go into more detail about your gratitude in your journal.
The most important thing is that you make expressing gratitude a daily ritual.
I promise, it will change your life.
Now let’s get started with counting all the beautiful things life has to offer.